Search This Blog

Saturday, April 21, 2018

Games Shapers Thankyou

Today had two events the Qld masters Rowing at Wyaralong and the thank you party for the Commonwealth Games.

After dismantling the boat and loading it onto the trailer I left Wyaralong at 3pm with google directing me to the Broadwater Parklands.  My initial plan was to drive to a beach and have a swim and then shower and change to wash away the rowing smell and sweat.  In the end I went to The Pavilion at Hollingdale park (Just beside the Southporrt Surf Life Saving Club).  This is one of those old surf side showerblocks.  After changing I drove back and luckily scored a park just next to the tram stop.  I then joined the crowd walking from the tram to the party.  There were also lots of people leaving. and a lot of people walking with me.  There was a band playing and it sounded great.

Traded text to meet up with Megan who had to check me in.


The initial letter of invitation advised food available for purchase.  This tight-ass approach apparently caused Anistasia to cringe and offer some government support.

As we entered we were each give $15 in vouchers plus an  ice cream voucher.  One could only use the vouchers for food.  Alcohol needed real cash.  Beer was $6 ot $7 and wine $5 so I think they had that at a reasonable price.
To me this seemed like a really good way to run things.

By the end of the night we'd had a good feed and Megan had caught up with other stage managers.

There were a few speeches and much better fireworks than either the opening or closing ceremonies.  

I reckon they should have gotten whoever organised this to organise the opening and closing ceremonies.








No comments:

Post a Comment