Search This Blog

Friday, April 27, 2018

Just another day in paradise

A nice day starting at 4:00am after a bad nights sleep.  I was tossing and turning and worrying abot stuff that I mostly have no control over and in many cases is none of my business.  This disjointed connection with life continued as a loaded clothes into the car and lost my phone.  I knew it was on silent so no point in phoning it.  I did not know whether it was in the car or not.  I drove the car into the carport so I could log my laptop onto the home wifi and then connected to my phone over the net to make it ring.  The ringing led me to where it had fallen in the front passenger footwell.  Finally left home delayed but the anoying bad karma of the universe continued - As I drove along I heard a sound.  The sound of glasses falling.  My glasses had fallen off the centre console and down beside te drivers seat.  No amount of groping could retrieve them.  I could feel myself getting just a tad angry.  Finally retrieved them.

5:00am: Rowing went OK.  We were down on stroke side.  And to start with a bizarre confusing new warm-up.  Full crew 1/4 slide square blade.  Half of us started at 1/4 slide and half started at the finish and rolled forward to quarter slide.

7:00am:  A nice coffee.  Wanted to stay off the food because we had the grammarians lunch on the schedule.  Parked down near the west end ferry terminal and caught a city cat into town.

9:00am: Boeing supplier briefing.  Met Mike Symes, Greg Delforce, John Logam, Seppo who turns out to have  Phd in antenna design amongst others.  After the meeting had a coffee and then walked on up to Wickham Tce

1:00pm: Grammarians lunch at The Services Club on Wickham Tce.

Around 4:30pm tried to book Uber but found the cc had expired and it took forever searching the net for instructions on how to change the date to the new expiry date.

Finally managed to catch an Uber back to west end.  retrieved ute.  Drove to Centenary.

6:00pm: Centenary rowing club coaches meeting.  We have to organise a regatta on 12-MAY.

8:50pm arrive home.  Megan is out.  Turns out she is at the park with Lucy but has kindly make Burritos and the materials are on the kitchen bench.  Put on some music and loaded the dishwasher.  made a burrito.

10:00 Pm beddie bys.  Rowing tomorrow at 0400.




No comments:

Post a Comment