Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Christmas Day 2018

Bit of an emotional time for me.  First Christmas since the demise of the marriage.  I guess I am a bit conservative and things like Christmas remind me of what 'should have been'.

8-9:15 - Church.  Blog

After church, my duty was to get the baked vegies on.  Marcus, Dan & Jemma all pitched in to peel Potatoes, Sweet potatoes, onions, carrots and pumpkin.
10:00am the potatoes were put in the oven.  Fan forced at 180C.
Marcus was keen to spice them up and had Jemma sprinkle some salt over them and then they cut some coriander.
11:00am and the tray with the onions, pumpkin, sweet potato went in.
After a while we decided the potatoes were cooked and took them out for a while.

In hindsight I think potatoes should only go on half an hour before.

Megan had a beautiful roast beef in the slow cooker.
I had bought prawns.
Jemma produced some beautiful cheese and biscuit platters.

Chris had been riding and Ian and Fay arrived and we all sat down to over eat.

After entree and main course was done we decamped for the lounge. 


We had been engaged to do "secret Santa" presents.  The theme was "recycled or home made".  To me this was great as it allowed the non artisans to engage in their familiar Christmas habits and buy something [recycled] It also meant we were right in there with the politically correct themes of the day.

We sat in a circle with the presents appropriately arranged, per tradition, under the tree.  Someone was designated as santas helper and retrieved the first present and handed it to it's addressee.  The recipient opened their present and we all marveled at it.  Then they took on the elf mantle and selected the next present.

I was a bit stressed by the whole thing.  It would have been much easier to just buy a $30 piece of junk.  I ended up made a photo book for Dan using photos mainly from this blog. details here. I was a bit concerned because it was the smallest present.  However it went across well. 









Anyone think this looks like Henry.

It's actually Dan :)







No comments:

Post a Comment