Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 27, 2021

SQ State champs

THURSDAY 
Boat loading was crap.
I learned,  next time I need a big print list of boats to put up on the wall so the kids can read and work without me being in the loop. 

I need a second piece of paper with the list of boats and columns to tick off that the boat and the rigger are on the trailer. 

SATURDAY 
Super windy.
We all stood around for ages while RQ pondered.  I was glad it was not me making the decision. Eventually they decided to run quads only. They advised the plan was to Marshall at the launch site and Shepherd them up,  do a u turn and race.  Half of them never made the start - blown into the bank.  3 or 4 crossed the finish line and the day was cancelled. 

SUNDAY
Was way Better with a full complement of races. 
Centenary president  loaned his Toyota prado so I could tow. This saved anyone coming to the dam just to tow.  For me, first time towing.

I thought I'd write and say a few thank you's.  The danger here is I'll miss those quiet "get in and do it" people and to those who I miss,  I apologise.  Please add those who you think need thanking in the comments. 

One of the Corinda boys came Sunday. Albeit so we could sing "happy birthday " to him and eat his cake.   He did   a fantastic job supervising trailer loading at Wyaralong. 

One of the Brigidine girls stepped in last minute this morning to cox the yr10 quad sacrificing her single. Then her and mum stayed for ages carrying boats and oars.

A big shout out to Di  as Thursday's boat loading which was a shambles(my fault).

Ros & Liam  who came to the shed Friday afternoon to fix up my somewhat dodgy trailer load. 

Peter Wadsworth for towing down.  Rob Kennedy for lending his prado to tow back. 

Jemma this morning -the yr8 girls got to row their singles that were originally scheduled for Saturday. This necesitated Rearranging the boat allocation and Jemma did a great job of that. 

Finally the girls who turned up at the shed Sunday afternoon to help Kenmore unpack the trailer and wash everything.

Kenmore boys quad
Jemma and Emma Bronze


No comments:

Post a Comment