Search This Blog

Monday, August 9, 2021

Tiida Spark Plugs and Oil

Finally got the spark plugs and oil changed.

The saga began weeks ago when I got sick of it losing power and "missing" when one accelerated. Esp if one was in the wrong gear and the revs were a bit slow. 

After watching a few YouTube videos and establishing that to change the plugs one must dismantle half the engine,  I set about gathering stuff. Figured I'd need everything at hand as once I start,  no going and getting anything. 

The other thing was I Figured that it could be a Coil pack. They had been the source of grief on the Ute.  $160 had bought a pack of 6 for the Ute so imagine my horror when I discovered genuine Nissan Coil packs were $200 each.  I ended up buying one non genuine one. My logic was that if it was a Coil pack then hopefully only one faulty one. 

Oil and oil filter from Autobarn.  None of Autobarn, supercheap or Repco had Coil packs. Autobarn kindly directed me to A1 Auto parts at Waycol. They had Coil packs and spark plugs.































No comments:

Post a Comment