Search This Blog

Sunday, August 28, 2022

centenary Rowing and Brigidine the end

I had thought there was the opportunity to do something different to the big private schools. 

Now seems Brigidine actively do not want to engage in any kind of cooperative approach. 

Really disappointing 

The atmosphere is cold.  The fun side and enthusiasm seems to have evaporated.  I suspect numbers will shrink and that will be the end. The communication from Brigidine has been last minute and functional.  There does not seem to have been any atteempt at team building or explaining a vision.

Not that it's all Brigidine's fault.  There's been some dumb things on the Centenary side with some interpersonal issues, petty bloody-mindedness and intransigence 

I think a problem that besets many clubs across probably all sports  is how to deal with bad behaviour by volunteers. 
 
I am actually quite saddened by Centenary atm- 
Centenary don't even want to give Brigidine a key.  What message does that give.  To me it says "not welcome" or at least "we don't really want too engage".
Centenary are not sending kids to the two QSRC regattas in T4.
They are basing the rhythm of the year around Nationals.  OK for performance but what about everyone else.  The club was set up to provide rowing for schools.
They dreamed up a communications policy that prevents people from posting photos on social media.  BUT they have not published it on the web site nor to my knowledge communicated it to the club  Maybe I missed it. 

I think at the moment, my feelings are to take a break completely from Centenary for T4.  I think my values and their values are quite different.

No comments:

Post a Comment