Search This Blog

Friday, February 17, 2023

Cyst


Way way back. Last year I think.  I felt a hard lump in my right cheek.

Went and saw one of those skin cancer people where you pay them $75 and take your clothes off and they look at you and pronounce no cancer.   When I drew his attention to the lump, he said not cancer.

Not feeling particularly confident in that,  I booked a second appointment at another skin mob.  I think I tried my GP but was told weeks of wait time but can't be sure on that. 2nd skin cancer fellow also took $75 to say "not my problem".
photo 26 Jan - not even visible
Waited a week until birthday party done.  The thing was at this stage barely visible.
photo 29 Jan- not visible 

Attempted to book GP. My fellow was booked up for weeks.   Asked if anyone available sooner. Made booking.  Tried oxley and they were booked up for a couple of weeks too.


MON 6 FEB 2022 GP $91.44
TUE 7 FEB 2023 Ultrasound (Bulk Billed)
Thur 9 FEB -2023 GP 
FRI 10 FEB 2023 Dermatologist
The dermatologist booked me into a plastic surgeon for Thursday 23rd.  That was weeks away. 
Called some friends and got two irons in the fire but they both ended up at the same "rooms".  I suspect I got gazumped a bit because negotiation began via the secretary with one of the plastic surgeons but seemed to get stuck.
Gave up on that and decided an  alternative approach was needed. 
By now it was large and painful.  A dull throbbing pain. 

TUE 14 went the "emergency care" place at indooroopilly. They were about to actually do something when I remembered I was rowing in the morning. 
WED 15 
went rowing. Then breakfast. Then straight over to
Mater public emergency.
This took all day with another ultrasound.  Could not get anyone to Lance it.   Went home. Significant dull throbbing pain.

THUR 16
got up 6 and made breakfast. Reheated leftover cottage pie with a couple of fried eggs.  Lots of water. 
7am no eating or drinking allowed. 
Lying in bed.  Feel face damp.  Got b up and looked in mirror. 
Two tick gooey brown and white rivers of puss and blood.
Located the isopropyl alcohol. Could not find tissues so had to use toilet paper drenched in iso. Gently,very gently dabbed and wiped away the goo.  Very gently pressed to squeeze out a bit more.  Lots of iso.

Took train to Southbank via roma St.
Plastic surgeon stuck in needles and did stuff. Left with bandage.

FRI 17 FEB 2023
3am awake
Aching calves and to a lesser degree thighs. Also top of ankles
Movement helps. reaction to local anaesthetic?

7am cat is fed. Lying on my bed purring. Sun is shining. 
I'm wasting time watching fb video crap.
Slight headache. 
Feeling down. The old lonely thing. No forgiveness. No understanding. Selfishness? Gotta get beyond this. 

Breakfast of fruit on the deck chatting with Chris.
Took magnus for a walk. 
8am 

Train to Roma Street.  Changed.  Train to Southbank. This is the old vulture St station.  They should keep the old name.  Far more unique. 

9:50am I have appointment #2 at the plastic surgeon. Where assistant Emma will remove yesterday's bandage. Presumably replace with a clean one. 

Feeling a bit blurr. Stopped for a coffee at the coffee club. Risky as my experience with coffee clubs has not been the best. 




No comments:

Post a Comment