Search This Blog

Saturday, April 29, 2023

Gold Gold Gold

 Well Gold

and we ended up with a bronze but there was only three boats in the race so I don't think that really counts.

STATE MASTERS CHAMPIONSHIPS @ Wyaralong

I had 3 races on Saturday and none on Sunday.

The first race was a four stroked by 

On the way to the start we did a couple of rate builds which were a bit ordinary.  Paul, who is a very experienced rower raised that we should moderate the rate and that turned out to be an excellent statement.  He said to Peter in the bow seat that his one job was to steer a straight course.  Good advise that Peter implemented and in a later race, I was not able to.  The race started and Paul set a controlled rate, the boat sat up, Peter steered straight and that set the platform for us to get the power on.  It did not take long for my lack of fitness to be felt but things were going well and the rhythm helped me focus on keeping the power on.  By the time we crossed the finish line I was totally exhausted.  It was a good, a really good feeling.

 




 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment