Search This Blog

Saturday, December 16, 2023

Park Run 16-12-2023

 PARK RUN 16-12-2023

A gathering of the clan at Ginninderra parkrun today:-
5 First timers (at this course):
Michael, Frank, young James, Chris & Jemma.
Experienced runners Zoe and Henry got PBs.
All ably supported by stalwart Peter.

James VS snr, sporting a visor that seems to imply rowing and contending with psychological challenges of change braved Parramatta.

Henry 19:23 PB
Chris 24:25
Jemma 30:54
Frank. 38:17


With Henry navigating we made our way through the streets of Canberra to the Ginninderra parkrun.


We met Cousins Michael and Peter and Peter's daughter Zoe and my nephew James VS jnr. As the crowd gathered, a lady called the newbie's to attention and explained the course in minute detail. We then went full cult mode with cheers and clapping for various sub groups. When they called for visitors to identify themselves and a lady said she was from Iran. Now that was new. All the Iranian's I've met have described themselves as Persian.

Suddenly we were off. I ran and chatted to Peter and Michael. Gradually Peter and I pulled ahead and then with a huge burst of energy I broke free veritably sprinted past a couple of walkers.

Settling into a rhythm of trying to get some spring and length I observe the faster people who've already reached the turn around.

Firstly we see the superfast and toned sprinters and amongst them I see Henry. Figuring he's not really putting in a decent effort I cheered him.

Next one gets the high speed plodders you can see the effort but they seem to lack the spring. The next group are the smooth and relaxed.  I hear a cheer and break from my dream and it's Chris striding out. I'm worried he will over do it as this is his first run for years.

I increase my cadence to a sprint approaching a fast walk and here's Jemma and we exchange encouragements.

By now the crowd had thinned to a long but tight single file in each direction.  I don't know the course and they don't have distance markers so I am unsure how far to go to get to half way. Finally there and a huge round of applause.  There I see Peter and Michael. My high speed break had achieved a massive 20m.

Zoe PB
Henry 19:23 PB
Chris 24:25
Jemma 30:54
Frank. 38:17

In parallel with all of this, brother James VS snr, sporting a orange visor that seems to imply rowing and contending with huge psychological challenges of change, attacked Parramatta Park run. Great going all.












No comments:

Post a Comment