Search This Blog

Saturday, December 16, 2023

Tesla - Cost to Drive and Supercharge

 I wonder how much it cost to drive to Canberra and is EV even financially worth it.  It seems only just.

CHARGING
When one charges with a Tesla Supercharger, the financial charge is automatically taken out of the credit card so I look up my bank statements and tote up the cost as $128.16

Brisbane to Canberra is 1200km

EQUIVALENT PETROL

Turns out Ford do not make a family sedan (that I could see) so I selected the Camry as my reference vehicle.  Toyota claim about 6L/100km and when I used that, the equivalent petrol would be $129 which is the same as the amount I spent on electricity.  I changed to 8L/100km because when I looked around on the net people seemed to suggest that was a more realistic amount.

Camry 6L/100km 8 L/100km
Distance Brisbane - Canberra 1200 km
Fuel used 96 L
Price of Fuel  $     1.80 $/L
Money spent on Petrol $    172.8 $



Money spent on Electricity $  128.16 $










No comments:

Post a Comment