Search This Blog

Saturday, January 6, 2024

Ngungun

Not sure how to pronounce it....


Phoebe and I took a road trip. 

Drove then walked up Ngungun. "they" have been "improving" the track. In fact last time I tried to walk up Ngungun, I was met in the car park by a ranger who pointed out the track closed signs and advised he'd be issuing a fine if I attempted to walk up.  Can't say I was impressed by the "improvements". There was a sign that said the improvements are to protect against erosion. Problem is, to protect against erosion, I would have thought there should be rocks across the hillside to slow run off. The next problem is the rocky path is hard to walk on. Risk of twisted ankle. 

At the top we shared the fruit, Yoghurt and muslie and a Thermos of coffee.  It's so nice to sit together, share the view and food. Love is weird hey. 

The original plan was to go for a swim at Caloundra but as the weather had turned, we decided to just road trip it back. 

First stop Woodford for a pie and coffee. 

Phoebe then drove on through Dayboro and samford. 

As we were passing Toowong cemetery I impulsively thought to go show Phoebe mum and dads grave. While there she wanted to look for her grandparents gave which amazingly she was able to locate. 








No comments:

Post a Comment