Search This Blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

Dream World

Sunday 21-11-2010
I scrambeled around hunting through the back of draws looking for togs.  Megan kindly made me a salad for lunch then Chris and I hopped in the ute for a rendeveu with Chris's soccer team outside Corinda pool.  His soccer coach Alan had organised a trip to White Water World which for the uninitiated is the water park associated with dream world.  Some minutes were wasted attempting to locate people who had said they would come but in the end seem to have decided to just drive straight there.  We decided to car pool with Alan and so the ute was dropped back home and we jumped in Alan's Ford Explorer which at 200 000 k + appeared to have done plenty of exploring.

Arriving at White Water World (WWW fr short I guess) we discovered that to get the $25 deal we have to pay as a group.  So there is the inevitable changing of money and toting up and finally we are paid and in.  The deal included a couple of tables and chairs and we also seemed to have acquired a free "Sunday mail" on the way in.

The kids all decided to race off on their own.  So much for a father and son thing.  Some of the dads decided to read the paper.  Some mums went and bought coffee.  And a few dads went off in search of adventure.  I relaxed and skimmed the paper and then decided to go and find Chris.  So another dad and me went for a walk.  The search proved fruitless and we split up.  Shortly thereafter I came across a posse ? of wet fathers and no kids.  A bit later we were able to find the kids.  For a while we did a few rides together.  However it would appear that these kids are far more fearful than the dads.  None the less, Chris and I had a lot of fun working our way through various rides that resemble sliding down a huge toilet.

One particularly good ride was a water roller coaster.  The fascinating thing is that the inflatable in which one sits goes up hill faster than it goes down hill.  I suspect that there is some metal in the base of it and a huge linear motor built into the water slide.

At 3pm, our tickets allowed us 2 hrs in "Dream World".  as opposed to www ?.  We went in search of the tower of terror.  This scared off the kids who went to pick flowers and smell daisies.  Turned out the Tower of terror had a flat tyre so the dads queued for 3/4 hr for a 30 second roller coaster ride on the "Mick Dylan" which is a roller coaster in which you sit on a motor bike.  It was actually pretty tame with much less of that head jerking that usually accompanies such rides.

With only 20 minutes to go, I have this "Have I got my moneys worth" panic feeling and figure I jaut have to grab one more ride.  Any ride.  Here is "The Claw".  Scared?.  Don't be.  A wonderful combination of engineering design and creative fear wow factor imagination.  Basically a huge swing.  It was really quite enjoyable.  I figured though that next time, I should make a large bolt out of a card board tube or balsa wood and just as the ride starts, take it out of my shirt and show it to the person beside me and ask if they think it is important.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment