Search This Blog

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Analogue Video Passthrough Firewire Capture to USB hard disk

I am videoing a thing called a shed night.  They want a recording too.  The plan had been to record to USB hard disk in mini DV format to make it possible to easily edit later.  I planned to use my old Sony TRV6 because I knew it could injest analogue video and spit it out on the firewire (IEEE1394) port.  I double checked that during the week by sending video through it and then through our Pioneer hard disk recorder.  Picture on the screen.  All good so me thinks.

Last night tried to actually capture.  Premiere 6 showed one frame on the screen and indicated it was capturing a gazillion frames per second but at the same time the timecode counter did not move. 
Tried Premiere elements 4 which I also own.  It would not even initialise the capture driver instead it reported an error.

Went back to Tony's place and downloaded some freeware capure programs.
Lets see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment