Search This Blog

Friday, December 21, 2012

Mudjimba2

Friday morning 4:45am saw the sky was a bit light got up and walked across the road and down the beach access track with the hope of watching the sun rise.

 I arrived at the beach to discover that the sun operated on daylight saving time.  Remind me to vote for a single issue party at the next election.


Looking up and down the beach I could see the outlines of figures.  Individuals.  As if a bag of North Poles had been shaken out. 

I turned left and began to walk.

Bar a power walking woman who passes me as she heads south, it turns out all these figures are men.  Some standing looking east.  One with binoculars.  The rest just standing. Maybe it is the last socially acceptable location for farting.  Whatever.  It seems to be an activity for individuals.

In the distance I can see some of these figures are fishing.  As I approach I see a seagull inspecting their buckets and bait.  The bait neatly enclosed in a plastic bag sitting unwrapped on a square of butchers paper.  The seagull back warily away I guess feeling the pangs of guilt having been observed engaging in petty thievery.

A couple of surfers standing beside their boards on the sand. 

Around 5:30 I turn and head south.  The island now looks like and island.  It's 3D.  No longer a silhouette or a perhaps a few dead pixels where the celestial dome meets the horizon. 

Some kind person has placed a couple of seats.  I guess not the council as these are wood and not set in concrete.   Perhaps to stay until fear of litigation causes the council to remove them.  I sit and pull out my 'puta.








Now its 5:50am and I observe the couples are out.  young mum or maybe older sister with two kids.  A couple in their 20's and an old couple.

More people with dogs.  All dogs on leashes.  I wonder if in response to a news report we had yesterday where two kids were mauled playing in the surf by a dog off its leash.

Father and son(~14) both carrying surf boards.  A man with a towel.  All stand and look.  More individuals walk North and South.  The man with the towl has put it down and walks South East towad the beach.  I wonder why not just walk straight in.  Ah he is conversting with the father and son surfers.  The father stretches and the son jogs into the water carrying his board. 

Coffee beckons and I walk South.  A quest?

In the sand a blue disc.  A hat and thongs.  Hmm me thinks.  I turn it over "Daniel Thomson".  I add this to my "treasure"

Coffee is purchased and I walk back to the apartment.  Silence save for the regular breathing of sleeping bodies.  It's about 6:45.


No comments:

Post a Comment