Search This Blog

Monday, February 3, 2014

The weekend in review

DRAFT UNFINISHED!

SATURDAY
It was rise and shine around 4am to help Chris get ready for rowing.  he was collected at 4:30 and I snuck back to bed for a last few minutes.

Guilt soon overtook me and I arose, packed my sports bag, made a sandwich and packed it for later.  Rowing was at Coomera.  An hour or so toward the Gold Coast.

I arrived down there around 6:30am but the boys had already unloaded the boats off the trailers and rigged them.  They are a well oiled machine.

At 8am the racing started.  There was a fairly string head wind that made it quite a struggle for the younger crews.  I found my calling videoing the last 250m of each race. 

Chris is stroke of the grade 10 first 4.  They seem to be a good crew and this was confirmed by them winning both their races.  In fact BGS did not do so well.  I think the only races they won were the grade 10 third, second and first eights.

After the rowing was over I drove home and then tidied up the video and I have now uploaded them to youtube for the coaches to look at.

SATURDAY EVENING
We received a text message from Cybele inviting us to the Tivoli drive in.  Two movies were on offer - "Frozen" and "Saving Mr Banks".  Megan had been talking about wanting to see "Saving Mr Banks" and had been reading the Mary Poppins books so I figured "let's go".

We (We being Frank, Megan, Chris, Kate, Dan, Jemma) hopped in the Vito

No comments:

Post a Comment