Search This Blog

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Easterfest 2015 - Thursday

4:00 am Rise & Shine
4:30 Depart Oxley with Chris to the BGS boat shed.

















5:30 On the road via Oxley Maccas to buy a coffee. Ordered a tall latte with chocolate sprinkles. They were unusually disorganised with about 10 people in front of me waiting for coffee.  The girls and there seemed to be lots of them alternating between making parts of the coffee and then handing on to another to make another while one of them took yet another customers order or ran a finally made coffee over to wait forlornly near the drive through window.  At one stage, presumably as a result of my rubbernecking, I was told that my coffee was 2 away.  I read over the computer screen that displayed the orders and could not find mine and as I watched I realised that I could not find any commonality between what was written on the screen and what was being manufactured.  Finally I was handed a cup.  Right size.  I turned and walked to my car.  Took a sip.  Very nice caramel latte.














7:40 am arrived Easterfest.  Initially refused entry but finally was allowed to drive in with strict instructions not to drive off the gravel due to the mud.
Phoned Matt from BCL.  Note to self - Don't call lighting techs before .... 2pm.
Mid afternoon and the erection took place in earnest.
I GAF'd a lab power supply to the front truss and ran fig 8 to the base of the heart.  There 6 x 3 pin connections to the fairy lights.  We did not use the supplied power packs because they default to a flashing mode.



















gone are the days when I could just shimmy up the pole with some rope.  To erect Megan's Heart, we needed a rigger, rated stainless steel cables, a cherry picker, extra cable ties and a last check of the swivel clamps.



























Do you see that subtle cross in the middle.  A few extra lights behind.












No comments:

Post a Comment