Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Top Gun Maverick

Jemma and I went to see Top Gun Maverick. It was nice to do something father daughter time.  I'm feeling pretty detached. Disconnectted. Still feeling rejected. Lost. Lonely. Incompatible.

I was impressed.  I liked it.  The movie that is. Usually sequels are pretty ordinary but this one was pretty good.  Felt they had done a good job of leveraging off the past and bringing in a new story line. 

Seemed very PC.
A geek guy "Bob" who of course did his job well.  I wonder if he was written in at the request of the Navy in exchange for using their planes. To show that not all aviators are hot head extraverts.
Female pilots.
Interesting no black pilots. Seems like these movies put black guys in as top brass.
The love interest story line was nowhere near as intense as in the original. Triggered me a bit and I got remorseful, resentful, angry,  introspective. 
Did not mention the target country.  Obviously scripted before Ukraine. 

Did you notice all the old canvass covering bits of F14 ? Wonder if they were filming in planes with classified avionics?

No comments:

Post a Comment