Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Flat Battery - Captiva

 Seems 'tis the season for flat batteries.  This morning as I got in my car I put my foot on the brake and thought that it was odd that the brake lights did not light up the carport.  It was however 4am and so I put it down to another craptiva idiosyncrasy.  All was made clear though when I turned the key and the starter motor groaned.  Slowly turned the engine which luckily fired and off I drove to rowing. 


Arrived west end to over hear another guy had a flat battery in a merc of all things. Then one of our eights had a flat cox box. 


After rowing, the starter motor again did its best under arduous conditions.  I figured I'd better leave it running while I bought a coffee.  Didn't want to  tempt fate. 

 
I then plugged in my ODB2 doodad and had a look on the app on the phone.   While driving it was only 14V whereas I'd expected more like 16.  All was revealed when the engine was switched off.  I do note that I need to set a base line for my 0-100.  Just need to find a quiet suburban St with no red light cameras.

NEW BATTERIES
Supercheap Auto Century DIN85LHMF  760CCA  $419
BatteryWorld Yuasa  DIN75RHX MF   910CCA    $379
Battery World Yuasa DIN75RH MF      750 CCA    $329

Battery World Yuasa DIN85LH MF  $379 + $39 = $418 installed
RACQ Battery #3884 850CCA  $350 (Member Price)  $375(Non member Price)
RACQ Battery #3888  850CCA  $500 (Member Price)  $525 (Non Member Price)

Battery World Rocklea  3892 1207  $39 call out fee



THURSDAY 30-3-2023 Update
Baseline - New battery and engine on





No comments:

Post a Comment