Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Relationships Explained with Oranges

A bit of a different take on the five love languages analogy to relationships.

Back in June, I gave up on internet dating.  It was monumentally unsuccessful.  I had dozens and dozens of coffee dates but one date was typically as far as it would go.

Imagine 

Normally each man wakes up each morning and God has provided him with 6 oranges to give and each woman knows this and expects 6 oranges.

In a happy, standard relationship, hubby or boyfriend gives the wife/girlfriend 6 oranges each day.  All at once.  She expects, she receives, she's happy, she goes out into the day feeling loved and connected.

If she received less than 6, she might feel suspicious.  She might think he's holding out or maybe he's giving some of his oranges to someone else.

Now imagine I wake up with only one orange.  Every day for my entire life, I have only ever had one orange every morning.  That's normal for me.  So when I meet a girl, I reach in and bring out my one orange and place it on the table for her.  I have given her all I have to give.  She looks at it and see's only one when she expects 6.

She then finishes her coffee, smiles and says good by.  If I am really lucky, I receive a text that says "You are a really nice man but just not for me".

So I am gutted.  Again and again.  I give all that I have to give and of course always miss the mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment