Search This Blog

Friday, January 14, 2011

Calston St Flood Part 2

Wednesday
The sun rose and I wandered out side.  There were people (Adults and Kids) wheeling stuff on trollies up Manor St.  I took my ute up and some strong lads loaded it up with chairs and wot not.  It appeared that various houses at the high part of Calston st are being used to store all the stuff.  Eventually I feel torn between working on my house and helping others so I leave the keys in the ignition of the ute and anounce that I am going home and that anyone can drive and I guess they did as it arrived back several hours later.  At that time some locals came and helped move the two remaining wardrobed that had been too heavy for us the previous night.

With the important stuff (in my opinion anyway) up stairs, and at 2pm upon hearing that the water maybe much lower than originally prediced I changed tack and decided to try to seal the house.  I figured it would be a real pity if the water only covered our down stairs floor by 25.4mm.  So I taped up the door between Marcus's room and the workshop.  Taped some black plastc (Thank you Frank H) across the back doors and then loaded it up with sand bags.  Turned out to be a waste of time as the water leaked in under the walls.  Also taped up the floor drains and put a plastic bag full of sand in the down stairs dunny.

 With the sand bags in place and out of energy for carrying stuff upstais, caught a canoe ride to maccas. 










 Oreo looks on.

1 comment:

  1. When you said sandbags, it wasn't quite as I pictured it. pity about the walls leaking. Guessing by now the gyprock has been stripped out? Our thoughts with you guys for the clean-up.

    ReplyDelete