Search This Blog

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Church - Sunday 20-May-20122 23rd Psalm - Blended Worship

We had, for me, a great church service.  Megan was the worship leader.  Paul lead the singing and it is great to have a male voice leading.  For me the highlight was the sermon by Chris Shey.  It was based on psalm 23.  Psalm 23 is one of those well known readings that just grab me.  Why I wonder.  Even wiyhin the ancient rural context of the Bible it seems to resonate with us.
We start noting that wheras the Lords Prayer is corporate:  Our Father ....,
Psalm 23 is personal: The Lord is my shepherd  

Chris had gone through the reading and highligthed some of the reasons that it resonates with us.  The promises that God makes, the personal challenges for us and the rewards of living in the love of God.



The Lord is my shepherd;
Identity




No comments:

Post a Comment