Search This Blog

Sunday, May 13, 2012

GOMA Mothers Day

Up Early and off to the shops to pick up some sliced ham and bread. Back home, Megan had twarted any attempts to bring her breakfast in bed by getting up early. Any mother will tell you that breakfast in bed is litterally what it is when your small child brings burnt offerings and pours them between the sheets. We packed some back packs with the makings of a picnic including some lovely quiches that Megan whipped up.

Parked at Dutton Park.
Walked across the Bridge to UQ.
At UQ, sat at the Ferry Terminal.
On Saturday, I had looked up the Ferry times.  Upon establishing that a ferry was due about every 15 to 20 minutes, I did not bother with time tables.  Chris may look disconnected but for me every 15 minutes is the way it should be.





Upon arrival at South Bank, we discovered a herb garden.  Picked some mint to have with Tomatoe (which we had brought as part of lunch).

Then we walked to GOMA and had a picnic there.

To suppliment the picnic, Marcus was dispatched to buy some takeaway coffees.  Having finished my lunch with sign of Marcus, I went in search of him and discovered him making his way back with the two coffees which turned out to be quite good tasting.  Sometime later, I decided on a second coffee and made my way to the coffee shop.  I placed my  order and figured I would time them.  Turns out my phone did not have a stop watch function.  I guess I took about 5 minutes to discover that and then to find and down load a stop watch App from the google android play store thingo what a dumb name.  From the point the stop watch was active it was another 5 minutes and 50 seconds.  So I guess all up 10 minutes to make a take away coffee.  Now do not for one minute even consider that they were busy.  This was like 3pm and the place was less than half full.  Nor was there a shortage of staff.  In fact there were plenty of staff to ask me if I wanted to place an order and each one was politely informed that I was awaiting a takeaway coffee.  Basically this is a good reason why government should not do... well anything actually.



Inside a wool tree inside GOMA.

GOMA is the "Gallery Of Modern Art" and a great place to visit.  For free no less.  Well prepaid by us tax payers.




I got into trouble with this photo because I had my flash on.  I figured take an arty photo.  Make art from art for arts sake?.  Anyway the flash caused officialdom to intervene.


Now this was a bit of a downer.  Not only was no one in attendance, when some patrons took up positions on the stools, said officials decened and put a stop to that.  So much for interactivity.  And me with my creditcard at the ready.



Looks so tempting to walk through but oh no little notice on the floor that I missed and once again those officials materialised.






 GOMA and the art gallery too incidentilly always have great hands on stuff for kids.  Here they are making birds.
 Chris about to deposit his bird on its perch
Jemma making a bird

No comments:

Post a Comment