Search This Blog

Friday, September 7, 2012

Embarcadero HTML5 Builder MYSQL Connection

I have started a separate blog to record my attempts to learn HTML5Builder.  (Given it has little to do with family activities)

here

http://html5builder.blogspot.com.au/

This is the process I go through to use Embarcadero HTML5 builder to make a web page that provides access to a MYSQL table.

I have WAMP server installed and running on my development PC.
Using PHPMYADMIN, I create a MYSQL table.



1. Splash Screen.
This is what I see when I first start the program
2. New Server Web Application
3. CONNECT TO MYSQL
Over on the bottom right of the screen, right click on Mysql and choose Add New Connection
4 MODIFY
Right click on the connection that was made.

Then click "Modify Connection"
5 ENTER MYSQL SERVER DETAILS
Server Name = Local Host
Database Name = Test in this case
User Name = Root
Password = ahah:)

BTW, WAMP as installed has no root password for mysql.  HTML5 builder seemed unwilling to connect to root with no password.
See TBD on giving WAMP MYSQL a password.

Click Test Connection.
Note the little "h5b"  This seems to be a remenant of the beta version



PROBLEM
Now we seem to have a problem.
When compared to this example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=A4H1zVo5qIQ

The Datasets drop down should have more entries in it.

However I note that the example video is for the previous version caleld RadPHP

And when we drag and drop, we do not get a data grid.

Grrrr  .......  I am stuck!

There is something I am missing and that is a HTML5 tutorial! 









No comments:

Post a Comment