Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Wombok Salad

 This is the wombok salad recipe that was a nice feature of 25 years of marriage. 

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/recipedetail/6622/chang-s-fried-noodle-salad

  • 1 pkt Chang’s Original Fried noodles
  • ½ - 1 Chinese cabbage (Wombok) shredded finely
  • 6 Green onions (chopped 5mm lengths)
  • 100g Lightly roasted slivered almonds or pinenuts
  • ¼ - ½ cup Chang’s Oriental fried noodle salad dressing.
  • ¼ - ½ cup olive oil (optional) 

 Megan(2018): "Don't put in the optional sesame oil.  You guys did not like it the time I did that"

Method

1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 cup olive oil

 

Method

1. Add chang's oriental fried noodle salad dressing and oil into a bowl, then whisk together.

2. Combine the cabbage, chopped green onions and almonds in salad bowl.

3. Add dressing and combine well. Just before serving add the fried noodles and toss thoroughly.

4. Serve with bbq chicken for a quick tasty family meal.

tip: to make a delicious meal add 300g shredded bbq chicken or bbq pork.

=====================

Yesterday I RSVP'd to the Grammarians captains lunch and said I would bring a wombok salad.  This was a lovely fresh thing that Megan discovered.  I went looking for the recipee.  Found an email deja vu.  Makes me sad in a way.

"On 14/10/2015 12:36 PM, Frank Thomson wrote:
> I advised that I would take a Wombok salad to the Grammarians
> Presidents lunch.
> Can you give me some assistance in making that.
>
> I will be dropping into the shops to buy spag bog stuff on my way home
> and could pick up wombok ingredients.
> frank"

No comments:

Post a Comment