Search This Blog

Thursday, May 12, 2022

Centenarr Rowing - Second Boat Evacuation

 THURSDAY 12-5-2022

I arrived at Centenary in preparation for Brigidine rowing training.  Due to continuing bad weather, it had already been agreed that this was to be a gym session.

Soon after I arrived, Tanya arrived and was chatting entusiastically on her phone.  After that call finished, Peter Hayes called me.  As I understand it, the committee had conferred over the phone and decided to evacuate the boats.


It's low tide. Who needs a pontoon to launch anyway. Hopefully someone is doing some maths to add low tide to high tide and factor in the local rain and any other factors.



This picture shows the water and the club.  I think there is about 4-5m between where the water is and the hard stand. 





This pic shows there is about 2m more water if nothing else changes.










Singles were pushed up the street and big boats put on trailers

Oars up the street


The original plan was to take the bottom few racks.  The eight and octo were going to stay.  I think some overthink began to takeover and they moved the eight and by the next day they were removing the ergs from the upper level.
I pulled the small trailer up
























No comments:

Post a Comment