Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2022

NK Cox Box Repair 2

 The Brigidine kids did their first regatta at Wyaralong yesterday.  The club has a number of bow coxed quads.  In my opinion, bow coxed quads and kids do not go well together.  At the very least, we need cox boxes.  My previous cox box vanished.  I assume washed away in the flood.

I have 3 potentials.  Recently I bought new batteries.





CHARGER

The pin out for the charger is here:  https://thomsoneu.blogspot.com/2015/09/cox-box-charger-fix.html

Basically the centre pin is +ve. 
I found a 12V plug pack and cut off the round plug.

I decided to mark the +ve lead of the plug and the +ve lead of the charger individually to minimise the likelihood of screwing it up.

One problem I have experienced with NK plug packs is that they will measure 12V when not connected but seem to die under load and not charge.  

Before doing the final heatshrink I plugged it together and observed the red charge light and measured the 12V as 12V = Good.  I also measured the battery voltage.  It was very low at 5V without the charger and was 6 V rising to 7V while I observed while charging.






No comments:

Post a Comment