Search This Blog

Friday, May 13, 2022

Dr Strange Movie

Boys night out

Paul, Phil, Frank H, Clay, Sam, Jake & myself.

Went and saw the movie Dr Strange last night. It's a bit strange. It reminded me of the movie sucker punch - world's within worlds and it felt like a video game. A bit triggering in an emotional sense with references to intimate relationships, marriage and broken family. 

Spoilers:
It's a good v evil type of movie with some social comment. There are two strong female characters.  One super evil and the other pure, good etc.

There are two books - One of evil spells and the other of good spells.  Both get destroyed.  I wonder if this is social comment about the demise of the church and organised religion.
The male lead, comments that even saving the universe and he doesn't get the girl. - Bugger - there go my dreams... 
The good female protagonist has two mums. - Possibly a comment on today.  I am a each to their own kind of person so this did not worry me.
The evil female protagonist is a deluded mother and her desires for mothering but being childless have driven her into this evil place. - Although I have met women who wish to be mums and some mums who are a bit over bearing, this seemed to be a bit of a long shot.

I found it tedious. Too long.  I wonder if the CGI kind of makes it hard to relate to the characters. Possibly subtle facial expressions needed to make a human connection get smoothed over or something.  Maybe the directors get distracted with CGI and that takes away the human emotional element. 


No comments:

Post a Comment