Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2022

End Of Mariage Anniversary

A somewhat moody day. 

26 MAY 2022
Anniversaries I know are a human construct. It's just meaning we arbitrarily ascribe. I also know that the two popular categories for posting on Facebook etc are to show how good ones life is or to complain. So it's unusual to post about how one is feeling. Of course this posting does err towards complaining. 

Today is EOMA - End Of Marriage Anniversary and I still hurt. I reflect over what was wrong with me and the answer is heaps. I tried hard. So hard and failed. And failed. My inability to attract a new partner is of course a confirmation of that failure. 


Today I also reflect that 37 years of involvement at Sherwood Uniting Church finished this day 26 May in 2018 as my marriage crashed. 

There was no reach out by church council. 

Zilch. 
Not one phonecall: "are you ok?". 
Not one visit to check "are you still alive oh hey let's look up methods of suicide together so much fun". 
Not even an email or a text message. 

Zilch. No contact! 

What does that say about compassion. What does that say about community. What does that say about the leadership. 

The only reason I can think of to cross the threshold into that building will be to attend the funeral of key parishioners. 








No comments:

Post a Comment