Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Happiness

HAPPINESS 
Recently a friend mentioned a definition of happiness as:
Something to do, 
Someone to love, 
Something to look forward to.
Google tells me this is attributed to one Alexander Chalmers.

Pondering thoughts....
This is very much about the present and future and yet it is often the hurt of the past that drives my feelings of self worth - happiness, sadness, depression and so on.

Advice I was given once, and which I conciously implemented, was when I was feeling sad, was to try and focus on the present. The right now. To force a smile and look around me and celebrate that.

Something to do- always got plenty of that. Mind you when you are feeling down, "doing" is way hard.

Someone to Love - when I first read this, I read it as me loving someone and I mused unrequited love is just depressing. Upon rereading, I believe it's saying "having" someone to love. And for me "having", and that implies mutual connection and a whole lot more. 

Something to look forward to-- yes 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment