Search This Blog

Saturday, April 25, 2020

Anzac day 2020

ANZAC Day 2020.  No marches this year because of the Covit-19 pandemic.



This morning at 6m we all stood at the end of our driveways and acknowledged each other with a nod.


Simultaneously the rowing fraternity were running a remembrance service on Zoom.




After the locals drifted back inside, I walked down to the "boat park" near Pamphlet bridge to soak up the river ambiance.






Then I rode my bike into work. A coffee from the local. One of the other guys is here and a plumber turned up. It's all happening.

I'm enjoying the reduction in societal busyness. I feel sorry for all the people who have missed out on govt assistance. I feel a real affinity though for those stuck inside alone. at least I can get out and go to work and I do that as much as possible as it's too dam depressing to stay at home. I bet the suicide statistics are up.


 ANZAC day and the graph shows no new cases. A pretty flat curve. I do hear that 30% of hospital capacity is being opened up. Finally. I will go look to see how publicised this is or if it's even true.


No comments:

Post a Comment