Search This Blog

Sunday, April 26, 2020

River loop

Jemma was off to do a bike ride with some kids from the rowing club. 

So I decided to do a river loop.

Now my river loops are not the same river loop that the lycra clad gurus undertake.  Old, fat and unfit mean that I cur corners and walk hills.  Today I though I would record times and which coffee shops were open.

6:30 Depart Graceville.



7:00 @slummerville boat shed and the little van with river views was open.  (KY at Hyde Rd was closed.  Unusual)




By 7:26 I was here at the boat sheds.  This fellow setting up where KafeKombi used to be beside commercial.

Earlier I had ridden past Alberto's and West End Park Cafes - both closed.

At 7:50 I was at Toowong.

8:05
Walked up Whitmore St.
This photo taken with the 'open camera' app in HDR mode.


After getting back on my bike at Whitmore st, blow me over if I didn't see a cafe on Swann Rd.  Figured I would stop this time for a coffee and a very nice brew it was too.
8:07-8:25



8:45 'home'.
Back in Graceville.
Not really home per se.  It's where I sleep and eat but it's depressing.  Most of the time I am alone and that sucks.




No comments:

Post a Comment