Search This Blog

Friday, April 17, 2020

Logitech Bluetooth Mouse M585

My old mouse that uses a USB doodad had started to intermittently freeze.  I was not sure (and still not) if it was windows or the mouse.  I tried a wired mouse and that seemed better.

Yesterday my phone died.  So while I was buying a new phone, I bought a new mouse.

My laptop (Toshiba Z20t) only has two USB ports and having one used up by the mouse was annoying. I had previously tried Bluetooth mice but found them to be laggy.  Recently though people had told me 'no longer a problem'.

So I bought a Logitech M585 which can connect either by bluetooth or by using a included dongle.

Tried the Bluetooth and it's very good.

I also accepted the option to download the logitech software.
Seems like you can register the mouse to two separate computers and drive the mouse off the edge of one screen and onto the the screen of the other.  Have to try that sometime.  I'd imagine if kids got hold of this it would reek havoc in the classroom.

 To connect to Bluetooth.
1 on pc find "Add Bluetooth Device"
2. Hold centre button on mouse down for 3 seconds and release.
3. Observe the mouse shows up on the PC.
4. If the LED on the mouse is flashing, press the button on the mouse to stop if flashing and make it work as a mouse.




Not sure why I would want an account so I didn't.  It's a mouse after all.  Next I will need an account for my light switch or door knob.




No comments:

Post a Comment