Search This Blog

Saturday, June 6, 2020

Happy 19th birthday to Dan and 21 to Callan


an and Callan have the same birthday a couple of years apart.  Every year they have the birthday celebration together.



D This year we started with dinner at "Chop Chop Chang's" Chinese restaurant. 







The standard Dan birthday photo. Note Steven (2nd from left).  Erin's eyes over Chris' shoulders.






21 & 19.  I Think the ( was made from a 8
 Chris & Callan













Emotion and depression are a big part of my life right now.  These family things are a trigger / worry for me.

Perspective is an interesting thing.
One way to avoid depression, for me anyway is to live in the moment.  To reduce ones focus to the moment I am in.  In particular to avoid thinking about the past nor thinking of the future.  Techniques like just looking around and being thankful of now.  For example it might be a sunny day.  Or I am just driving along and looking at what I can see.  Interestingly in this groove, one can see a lot of new stuff.  For example, under normal circumstances when I drive, I will probably be thinking things like what I will do at work or where I am going or stewing over the past and getting depressed and when I arrive at my destination, I have no memory of anything along the way.


Another angle on perspective is big picture.  Like the higher one gets, you kind of realise how our little issues are really tiny and irrelevant in terms of the big picture.

But in the middle is where we usually live.  In my case I don't so much worry about the future but at the moment I tend to churn over the past.  A depressing downward spiral.




No comments:

Post a Comment