Search This Blog

Saturday, August 15, 2020

Boyce ct Crockery

Lewis phoned me today to ask me if I wanted mums old crockery from Boyce ct.  Maybe it was my inheritance. Anyway I said 'no'. I did not want to add to the stuff that I will have to move when I leave Magee st.  I asked him to send me a picture and some memories. 

When i read this, I'm reminded how crap my memory is. Also $200 in the seventies is about$1600 Today. Multiply by 8.

Lewis:
For information the crockery we  discussed was purchased by grandpa in 1978. On arriving at Boyce Court he found his daughter using that (quite fashionable in the '70s) grey/black brown etc stuff. 

No doubt horrified, he and Nana (& mum?) headed down town and paid $200 for the stuff in question. It was drizzling outside as we unpacked the boxes.

Since then it has seen highs. Breakfast after Church when an entire barnyard gives its all; Roast beef & Yorkshire pudding dinners amid silver and candlelight. 

Lows include decanted take away, reheated Hawaiian pizza and the morning after sight of Big Tabs chowing down on left over left overs.







No comments:

Post a Comment