Search This Blog

Sunday, July 16, 2023

Canberra Sat and to the snow Sun

https://youtu.be/56ruSHsmmJM
CANBERRA SATURDAY
Met Henry at park run and a coffee.

Visited the National archives and viewed a exhibit about Gough Witlam and art. Henry is interested in seeing if we can obtain some pictures of the crowd at the dismissal because Henry was there on dads shoulders and I was beside him.

Then onto the national library with a very nice lunch at the Cafe. We then looked at a exhibition on sport. 

A photo I found interesting was Cathy Freeman's victory lap where she had both the Aboriginal and Australian flags. To me this was a kind of unifying statement. If she'd run only with the Aboriginal flag, she'd have alienated a good proportion of the non aboriginal population and if she'd run with just the Australian flag she'd have missed the opportunity to make that statement that I see as unifying. Of course no matter what she did, I'm sure some people would have been unhappy. 

We finished up with quick look at the reading room.

Back at Henry's house for dinner with James and his kids Andrew and Charlotte. We called Lewis and later my son Marcus.

SUNDAY
Henry and I left Canberra first. 

Dropped into Rythm in Cooma to hire everything. For me, a notable feature of these guys is they've always given friendly service. Initially looked at new gear to buy and two young ladies were very helpful but the real standout was Ella in the hire department. She sized me up and came back with clothes that fitted. Measured my feet and the boots fitted. Helmet first time yet again.

Then took the ski tube to Blue Cow for a short warm up ski.

Now sitting sipping a butterscotch schnapps



No comments:

Post a Comment