Search This Blog

Saturday, July 29, 2023

Today Nephew Peter joined me for his first ever park run and my third.

Nowhere near as dramatic a run as last week. My pacer was an 80yo lady who'd received a round of applause for being 80 and having run a gazillion times.

Interesting to run in my local area and wearing a rowing tee shirt as a customer from work called out to me and a lady asked who I rowed for.  

I was concerned that I may be exposed for some secret training and after the event, she sought me out and we established that her daughter had coxed my geriatric eight a few years earlier. 


In the end I walked away, in the knowledge that I staggered over the finish line barely in front of a lady 20 years my senior.


Peter of course had finished well before me and had walked back up the course to cheer me on. (and to check that I didn't stop)
This week: Rocks riverside 00:38:20
Last week:Coombs parkrun  Your time was 00:40:44.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment