Search This Blog

Thursday, August 17, 2023

3am

I often wake in the middle of the night. Usually around 1am but sometimes later.  Today it was 3am.  Normally, actually I don't like to use the word normally here because I don't feel I am "normal".  Anyway, usually I feel quite depressed when I wake but today I feel fine. Not excited. Not happy. But not sad or depressed. Just OK I guess.

EKKA WEDNESDAY 
Started by waking at 3:50am and driving to West end. Rowing in 3 seat in an eight. Even though it was populated by lower ranked? (several less experienced or in my case weaker) rowers it says a pretty good row. I judge based on the boat sitting up and it felt like everyone was trying to row well. Helped along by Angus coxing. It showed the value of a good Cox.

West end Park Cafe was closed and we meet at Valencianos. Brief chat with the guys and I signed up to row with Scotties row a thong 2:30am shift next Sunday morning. Gave up trying to order as the ordering process was too long. 

Decamped and drove to Phoebe's place at St Lucia. I've become good friends with Phoebe as I seek to try and work out my personality qwirks. We walked down to the St Lucia village to buy coffee. At the entry to the coffee shop is Nicky, Margo and a group of ladies. They asked about Jemma and her broken arm. I got distracted and engrossed in showing them pictures of X-rays....

When I joined Phoebe inside the shop, we discussed my first fopar in that I should have introduced her.  This honest discussion is something I value. 

Walked back to her place. Decided we would go for a road trip out to brook field to try to buy a bag of horse poo fertiliser. This was another opportunity for discussion and for me the main value outcome. Kind of nice just spending time chatting.

Dropped Phoebe at her place and came home. Zapped some leftovers. Had a snooze. Took the dog for a walk. Another snooze. Somewhere in there I had a (very naughty) bowl of ice cream and milo and another phone call with phoebe to clarify a few things. And another snooze 🤣🤣.

5pm dance lesson
Had not danced for ages so it was back to refreshing the basics. We spent 3/4 hr on waltz. Adding in some of the timing and that rise and fall. Lot of work still required. Then the lady 15 minutes on disco samba. 

I'm usingDisco samba as my measuring stick. A overall factor of achievement. A bit like an ergo is for rowing. It's so frigging complicated. I can sort of do it without music but once the music is on and we speed up, it's hopeless. Hopefully I get it by the end of the year.

During dance, a text had come in from Peta so I called her back and had a good chat while I drove home. 

Peter (nephew) had cooked spicy chicken, rice and broccoli. We consumed separately. Him in front of his computer and me in front of the TV. Dance is mentally draining so I just channel surfed.

The TV wanted to do a system upgrade which I let it do. Naturally theve changed the UI and naturally I don't like it. 

Stated watching a movie. It was crap. Fast forwarded through. No idea really about it. 

9pm ish Went to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment