Search This Blog

Monday, August 28, 2023

main Beach park run

SATURDAY 26 AUGUST 2023
Main Beach park run and Asic are lending out shoes and as they cost 10 times my shoes they've gotta be better. So I swap and feel like a runner. 

We stand around while the chief guru welcomes us and acknowledges sponsors including uber and various people with milestones and makes luminescent announcements.

The usual jostling for position (at the back)

And we are off. The funniest bit was a very vocal dog which I would swear was yelping "park run" "park run".

I'm using the first bit as a warm up as usual just taking it slow. I did have to confess to myself that these shoes did make it easier. We pass the 1k marker and then the 2k marker. The course takes us through bushland and I ponder the prevelance of lime electric bikes abandoned along the way.

A well trained young lady clapping and cheering marked the turn around. I'll take that. Now it's back heading south with the ocean on the left. Lungs are feeling it and I spy a lime electric bike. Reminder to self, next time bring phone. 

As we plod home, I note lots of these bikes until I realise that they are labelled uber+Lime and uber is a sponsor. It's a bit bugger... Such a tease. So close and yet so far.

Crossed the line with two wins. First time ever I've done it without a walk and a PB.
26 Aug 37:16 gold coast
19 Aug 39:07 rocks
29 JULY: Rocks riverside 00:38:20
Mid July: Coombs parkrun 00:40:44.

Went and bought the shoes



No comments:

Post a Comment