Search This Blog

Sunday, September 3, 2023

Fathers Day

I think I call it FU day.

While running park run yesterday I mused how someone who's role it is to cheer runners on, influences my mood and drive to keep running. 

Fathers day, in my opinion, is a construct of the retail establishment to sell more stuff. So even more detached from my existence than the park run cheerier. BUT it does influence my emotions. Unfortunately. 

No "fathers day" for me. Marcus and Chris are a long way away and Megan has  Dan and Jemma far away. Not unlike what occurrs at Christmas. I end up second fiddle.

Fathers day is a reminder of how fucked society is. More than half of marriages fail. Way more than half the kids do not live with their natural parents.  It highlights selfish human nature and most importantly that there is no forgiveness in this world.

For me personality it also reminds me how over emotional I am. Aloneness and loneliness.  I was just the banker and the sperm donor. 

All in all its FU day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment