Search This Blog

Saturday, September 2, 2023

Saturday 2-9-2023

 SATURDAY 2-9-2023

 

Lined up for park run in my new shoes. Cognisant that I'd done a training plod on Thursday morning that was not quite as dynamic as one would have liked. The main focus for me was to try to repeat last week's effort of not taking a walking break along the way.  Looked around for Nephew Peter but alas I think he'd slept in.
We were off and I noted that dogs seem to decide that after a good start they need to celebrate with a poo.  About the 1k mark, I was greeted with cheery "Hi" and young Peter whizzed by. No PB for him I reckon.

Plodded on. Past the Christians who I hoped were praying for me. Runner's coming the other way.  I try to put some spring in my step to make the running more efficient and focus on controlling my breathing. I know from rowing that if I don't control breathing then one ends up panting and I don't think that's efficient. I can hear the turn around and an effervescent young lady has music going and is clapping and smiling. It's interesting how that can spur one on even though this person does not know me.

 

Up ahead in the distance I see a shimmering sign.  This could be heaven but it feels like hell. Calves are aching and lungs are gasping. Peter joins me for the final straight. An interesting observation: I think, psychologically, the pacer should be beside you and just a couple of cm behind. If they get infront then it feels, for me anyway, like I'm defeated. Weird hay.

Not quite a PB at 37:45 compared to:
26 Aug 37:16 gold coast
19 Aug 39:07 rocks
29 JULY: Rocks riverside 00:38:20
Mid July: Coombs parkrun   00:40:44.

Then took a young friend of mine (Anthony) for a bit of learner driver practice and stopped on the corso for a coffee at the Somerville boat shed. There was a display highlighting the plight of the Palestinians. For me kind of topical atm as we lead up to the vote on the voice. A reminder that there are displaced and disempowered people all over the place and, in my view, we need to find ways to work together.


Took Magnus to Pet Barn at Jindalee for a nail trim $15 seemed good value to me.

Then over to visit Paul and Cybele.  Did some desensitisation with their dogs but Kept magnus on a short leash.

It's river fire tonight and fathers day tomorrow.  Need to be on guard emotionally as fathers day is FU day and saturday night has nothing planned.




No comments:

Post a Comment