Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Tesla Autopilot Wiper Bug

Ahha my Tesla has a software bug.

When I push the gear selector stalk down to select cruise control, the wipers start. Slow at first then faster and faster until they attain warp speed. 

The only way I could find to stop this was to tap the brake to take it out of cruise mode and then manually on the screen switch the wipers OFF. 

Monday I reported it and got an appointment at the service centre for Wednesday. The tech at the service centre advised that its a known firmware bug and that engineers are working to fix it. 

He then said that the more people who report it, the more attion it will get. Hmmm smells a bit like engineering back in the USA are not really taking this seriously. I look on Google and there are hits on this going back a couple of months so I suspect that it is the case that Tesla are not really trying to fix it.

I'm concerned that the windscreen will be scratched because it does not try to put water on it. 

Also it would be nice to try out Autopilot. 

The tech suggested manually washing the screen up near the cameras.


No comments:

Post a Comment