Search This Blog

Thursday, September 14, 2023

RUOK day

I did not see or hear any advertising this year.  On the way home from work I heard a comment on the radio.  Prompted me to look on Google and indeed it was.

Posted on FB:
"Turns out today was RUOK day."

Got a couple of sympathetic responses. In the mean time I'd been pondering.... 
Posted this response:
I ask myself all the time. Too often obviously. Am I OK? Not just do I feel OK but am I OK as in normal because something seems to be wrong with me.

Obsensibly I should be OK as in feel OK. I've a job and somewhere to live etc. A stack load better off than many people. I've got wonderful family and a great group of friends. I thank you all for your support. It's been fantastic.

But I still hurt. And I ask "am I normal"? Should I hurt this much? Maybe I'm  narcissistic (thinking only of myself).

I muse I've been monumentally unsuccessful in finding a new partner. Typically the most I manage is one date and then if I'm really lucky a text that says "sorry...". 

It's not that I'm totally abnormal. It seems just there's something wrong with that sliver of personality that deals with intimate relationships.

-----------------//----------------
Got some kind and thoughtful responses. 





No comments:

Post a Comment