Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

12 MARCH - Montmartre Basilica

EVENING 12 MARCH - Montmartre Basilica
Walked up a gazillion steps.
Inside and a service was under way. Tourists still allowed in. Asked to be quiet but able to wander around the outside. We sat in some pews at the back.

I find it quite relaxing to sit back and reflect on a church. Sometimes I gaze at the architecture and dream about the designers, builders and the church members who've been before me. Their lives, loves, work issues, family and so on. Then close my eyes and let my mind wander or quieten as it takes me.

After we'd sat for a bit, we joined the tourists walking round.

Noted my Navigo card would let me into the funicular but didn't go in.

Went to walk down the stairs but they were locked off. Back to the funicular but now it wouldn't let me in. Found another set of stairs.










You can just see the Eiffel tower
1
At night after dinner



No comments:

Post a Comment