Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Optus Overseas Roaming

 While I was in Italy, there was a bit of a hiccup with Optus.  Now I am back I thought I would try and get my info straightened out.

It started with me receiving warnings from optus about incurring extra costs



==================================================

I contacted my account manager 

Hi Sahil,  Thur Feb 15 @4:44am

I'm on holiday in Italy. 

I thought Optus did roaming like Vodafone at AU$5/month.

I contacted Optus who said I had included data and did not need to do anything special. See attached screen shots of the conversation. I was skeptical and questioned her but in the end accepted her advice.  Then I get several text messages warning of data usage. Copies attached.

Can you firstly get Optus to cancel users these excess charges as the girl said it was OK. 

Then can you work out what the roaming deal is. If it's $5/day like Vodafone, can you tell me how to activate it.

Thanks,
Frank Thomson





==================================================

Hi Frank

Thanks for reaching out.

I can confirm your plan includes 2GB Roaming data and unlimited talk and text in Zone 1 countries. In regards to the text message you have received about additional charges I have raised a case for our back end team to look into it. I will let you know once I have an update from them. Also, I have enabled Roaming pass for you ($10 per day with 1GB) to avoid standard roaming charges.

The 1GB/$10/day roaming pass. The Optus Roaming Pass includes:

  • Unlimited standard talk (mobile plans only) & SMS (excl. MMS)
  • 1GB of data to use while travelling overseas.
  • Optus Roaming Pass is $10 for 24 hours or until 1GB of data is used (whichever comes first). If active, a pass will automatically start when you use your service overseas in an eligible destination (subject to change).
  • If you exceed 1GB of data or 24 hours elapses and you continue to roam in an eligible destination, another $10 pass will automatically apply and the 24-hour timer restarts. Any unused data will expire.

Hope this helps.


Kind Regards,

 

Sahil Bansal
Business Account Manager

Business Account Management Team

Thu, Feb 15, 9:36 AM


to Frank

==================================================

Hi Sahil,
Thank you for your efforts so far however I was expecting $5/day with 5GB data.
I looked into this a couple of months ago and just did a search on google that came up with the same result.
Screen shots follow



Can you make this happen.

It seems way harder than when I was on Vodafone. But $10/day is too expensive and will force me to get a travel sim or switch back to Vodafone.

==================================================

On 15 Feb 2024, at 2:52 am, Sahil Bansal <sahil.bansal@optus.com.au> wrote:

Hi Frank

The $5 for 5GB Roaming option is only available on our in market plan.

If you like I can change your plan to the $59 plan (attached) which will automatically enable that Roaming option.

Please let me know if you would like me to update the plan.


Kind Regards,

Sahil Bansal
Business Account Manager

==================================================

Thu, Feb 15, 3:40 PM   Hi Sahil,

As a temporary measure, in order to un stick my communications problem, please immediately put me on this new plan and activate the AU$5/day 5GB/roaming.

After that, I would like you to ask Optus to investigate returning me to my existing plan and including the roaming.  My reasoning follows:-

I'm perplexed, I do not see words like "in market" on your Web Site in connection with the international roaming.

When I log into to the Optus App, I see I'm currently on a plan called "Optus Choice"

Looking closely at your Web Site, I do see the word "plus" following the word choice and that does hint at a difference but I don't see anything about "in market". And Since you are offering me a plan that does include the $5 roaming but does not include the word "plus" in the name of the plan, I think it's reasonable to conclude that it's not relevant.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to assume that my current plan should support the AU$5 5GB/day roaming.


I believe the information provided on your website is deceptive and If this issue can not be resolved satisfactorily, then I will bring it to the attention of the telecommunications ombudsman.

Kindest regards,
Frank Thomson

==================================================

Thu, Feb 15, 4:12 PM

The $59 plan for now

==================================================

Thu, Feb 15, 4:50 PM

Hi Frank

I can change the plan to the $59 Business Choice Plan but just letting you know that I won’t be able to put your number back on existing plan. Also, the new plan doesn’t include Roaming as part of the plan.

Please confirm you are fine with it.
Kind Regards,Sahil Bansal

================================================== 

Feb 15, 2024, 5:35 PM  Hi Sahil,
Thank you for your patience. 

As I understand it, $59/mo for the plan plus $5/day roaming.

We will let the lawyers and the ombudsman deal with the old plan downgrade later. 

Thanks, 
Frank

================================================== 

Hi Frank

Thanks for confirming.

I have updated the plan now.

================================================== 

Fast Forward to 26-MARCH-2024 and I am back in Brisbane.

Checked the billing and the only way to see what is happening on on the PDF bills and there is only the end of Feb bill available when I log into and it has no sign of any $10 charges.  Only an appropriate number of $5 charges.




Searched "Optus Roaming" with google:
I find this url
https://www.optus.com.au/mobile/plans/international-roaming


26-MAR-2024 I logged onto "My Optus" and it seems to only have the $10 option


The web site says








\


















No comments:

Post a Comment