Search This Blog

Monday, March 11, 2024

MON 11 - Strasbourg

Strasbourg :
Dropped in on the European parliament. Reminds me how fragile democracy is. Under threat from apathy on the one hand to those who feel their opinion trumps all (pun).

Speaking of opinion, in my opinion, we should ditch compulsory bike helmets. Bikes everywhere here. Get people fit. Lessen traffic issues. Get past a life of fear. 

Lunch from the corner store consumed beside the canal until we were interrupted by a flotilla of attack swans. It wasn't just me who lifted my legs from dangling over the edge. As the swans patrolled, the locals moved back too. 

A recovery coffee and chocolate in a funky Cafe
 



 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 


 Bikes everywhere.  I wish Australia had this culture.  I think the first thing Australia needs to do is ditch compulsory helmets.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment