Search This Blog

Saturday, March 2, 2024

THURSDAY 29 FEBRUARY

THURSDAY 29 FEBRUARY
Science museum
Kensington gardens
Kensington palace glance
Hyde park
Ride through picadilly circus
Theatre: "The Merchant Of Venice"
Train x3 home in 30 minutes.

At the London science museum.

A Babbage difference engine and lots of clocks and steam engines.

We note unionisation and the inability to change destins an industry to extinction. Reminds me of somewhere I know....

A not unexpected, less than Stella lunch from the cafeteria reminded me, I should have looked for a pub

Medical equipment.
Drugs penicillin, aesthetics, cancer, polio, thalidomide, vaccines including polio and covid. The anti vaxers would hate it. 
Space and flight
All manor of adding and computer machines. Hard to tell if  the Cray was real or a model. Figured the padded base was to encourage introverted programmers to fraternise.
 Tech tech and more tech.

The tallest hydraulic lift I've ever seen. 5 stories high pneumatic piston. It has to go that far into the ground as well. 

Brain was full and even though it was raining I decided to walk to and around Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park.

Popped open my trusty umbrella that Henry had wisely suggested I include in my travel kit.

Wall

-—------
THURSDAY PT2
After spending most of the day at the science museum, my brain was full.  Even though it was raining I decided time for a walk.

Rode my Lime bike from Kensington Gardens through Hyde Park, Through an arch as you do, Round picadilly circus in the dark and the rain with buses, cars, people, bikes everywhere.

Dinner and Theatre with Marcus and Sophie who also turned up on bikes on the rain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment