Search This Blog

Friday, June 9, 2023

Friday Grammarians Lunch

3:50am rise and shine.
4:10 leave home
4:30 arr West end.
4:45 rowing
A good row. 
Quick coffee. 
Into work. 
Graham and Mel came and looked at Phil's Skylink terminal.
Sent a status report to GP. 
Just after 10 left and drove to Corinda.
Took train to town. 
Half an hour to kill. Dropped into the hall of rememberance. 

Over to lunch. 
Let down. The steak was raw. Yuk. Didn't eat half of mine. 

Good stories but disappointing food. 

Early evening and I'd seen an invitation from Dave F for dinner. 

As I walked toward central, I decided to catch an uber to Dave's place. 

It was just Dave, Chris P and me.  Dave had made an awesome stew.  Good chatting. Made up for the dispointing lunch. It was hot, tasty, filling. Chris gave me a lift back to central. 

I caught a train to Corinda. On the way, a poor fellow afflicted with epilepsy struck up a conversation with me. He was travelling to Ipswich. Epilepsy had stopped him from Woking but he had a good relationship with his 5yo niece who'd made him a sample bag of trinkets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment