Search This Blog

Sunday, June 4, 2023

Sunday 4 June - Auditions

I've gotten involved in making a movie. 

"They" are doing auditions for the movie. The part of the script they are using includes an argument. Made me feel really uncomfortable. Max stress. I just want to leave.  Suddenly someone called cut and in an instant the tension is gone and the actress and director are chatting normally. I breathe out. What a huge relief.

I'm amazed at the depth of consideration that's being given to making a selection. We've watched the audition recordings over and over again. Each person here contributing different observations. From looks, skin tone, facial expressions, audio tone and inflections and the list goes on. Cripes it's hard to make a decision. Exhausting. 

It must be tough for the actresses auditioning. Not just here but in their world audition after audition being rejected again and again with just the occasional "win" 



No comments:

Post a Comment