Search This Blog

Monday, June 19, 2023

Saturday 17 Sunday 18

Was busy / full in a nice way.

SATURDAY 17TH
Ducked into work for a bit. 
Lewis came down and we worked to set up his laptop. 
We managed to get office 365 activated and one drive operational. Microsoft make it so F'ing hard with errors and stuff blocked by certain licences. The bit left unfixed is his email. For some reason his email won't receive anything.

Afternoon Brian & Ell picked me up and we travelled to the GC.

In preparation for the evening, bought a coffee. 

Evening: attended a dance thing. It was two course dinner with some dancing and some most awesome demos. $70. Most excellent value.

Then Brian drove me home. So glad as I fade in the evenings.

SUNDAY18
Coached rowing. Another minor annoyance as one of the kids tried to move my river side trestles out of the way. If they don't want to use them they can lift their boat over them. It's not hard. But there seems to be something going on especially with the girls. 

I did feel a bit deflated. This is my last gig at centenary for a bit. I'm taking a break. Too many little things like the above that are getting on my nerves. Possibly from work stress and marriage breakdown baggage I'm overly sensitive. But anyway we will see how I feel after a break.

I took magnus. She's gotten much better. 

Back home and I reheated some leftover cottage pie for brunch. 

Felt tired. Lay on the deck in the sun with mags. The cat came and lay there too. Couldn't sleep. Lay on bed for a bit. 

Went shopping. 
Bought:
Gazebo from BCF
onto Mt ommonous and bought new stainless cookers. You can't buy big saucepans. It's hard to pour the extra water from potatoes with two small handles. It was worth shopping around 
Big W $60
Target $30
Kmart $20
Bought ingredients to make shepherds pie plus salad. 
Came home needing a sleep. 
Didn't manage to actually sleep
4:30 left for dance

Dance - 
Been invited to 5pm class. This is a step up. 
I'm beginning to feel some progress. Occasionally, very occasionally, I'll dance with a woman who knows less than me. 🤣
The other thing was good about the class was learning the signs one uses to convey to one's partner what one intends to do. 
Still left at 8 though. Mentally drained. 


No comments:

Post a Comment