Search This Blog

Saturday, June 10, 2023

Saturday 10 June

I royally screwed up. I had said I would run rowing training for the kids who could not attend regattas. However I'd somehow committed to row in the winter racing series race. So there was no training.

Winter racing- we met at the shed just before 6.  
Crew:
1 Peter H
2 Rohan 
3 Beastie
4 Richard R
5 Arnie
6 Scotty
7 me
8 Crafty
C Angus

The tide was racing out so it was a long row up. Angus was coxing and he did a good job of choosing the path of least resistance. I also like that he tells us that he's got eyes on the bouey. I find that when I know there's a bouey coming up, that I get distracted and start thinking about it. Once Angus says he can see whatever potential obstacle is coming up, I can go back to focusing on the rowing.

On the way up, we rowed at a lowish rate for quite a while then did a rate build up to mid 30's. Then we stopped and did a couple of starts.  Then rowed up to the start.

Our adverseries were the collegians. The starter said go and in an instant the collegians were out of sight in an instant. Luckily our guys did not give in and it was a good row. The timing was good and the boat pretty level. Makes it possible to focus on technique and to be able to get ones legs down fast.

Cookie took some photos from the bridge. 
After the race we had breakfast at the west end markets. Coffee from the container at south's and Richard R got some Asian food. Was tasty but weird as I associate bacon and eggs with breakfast. 

Booked airbnb in Nerrandra. 

Picked up magnus and the washing from home. Dropped off ironing. Went into work. 

Lunch at "my roasting" with Jeff, Sue, Dougall, John & Patrice. Jeff brought their dog and surprisingly Magnus was sociable. 

Back to work trying to sort out one wire and a boot loader. 

Home via woolies. Invited Tim to join us for tea. Cooked with Peter:
Porterhouse. 
Mashed potatoes 
Corn on the cob. 
Cauliflower 
Brocolii. 
Onions fried with Mushrooms. 
White sauce. 
Red wine. 

Watching Mr Harrigan's phone"

And that says Saturday 


No comments:

Post a Comment